Tuesday, April 26

under pressure

I'm feeling lots of pressure, per usual, come week 6 at NESOP. It's time to get serious about final projects and just what will be my subjects. I feel like it's just gotta be great. Something to believe in and something that will last through the ages. Something to remember. Something that represents this is where I am, right now. I'm not sure any kid should have that kind of pressure, much less a 31 year old. ;-) I jest, but in all seriousness what am I going to do? I've taken lots of pictures at the fair that was visiting Medford -- prior to the gang shooting/chase last week. My teacher was so enthusiastic about them, it left me feeling kind of high. I was pretty pleased with them myself and easily became intoxicated by his hyperboles. So high I don't know where to go from here. Am I finished five weeks before the assignment is due?? That seemed too easy. Somehow I feel shortchanged... shouldn't I feel pushed to go further...but what exactly is next?

Meanwhile, my girls, Z and KDogg, were super good sports and went with me to the beach yesterday so I could photograph them for color class. The idea was orangey, sun-drenched warm feeling pictures. What developed are comical and cartoony because the color is so saturated and as Pam, the teacher said, seem to state "death by flowers." WHAT?! It's a challenge.

Back on the ranch, last week, Don was informed that he was no longer needed at his job for which he has bled true blue and lime green for the last six years. We got a sneak preview of this dark day back in December, but nobody thought it would really come. So alas, the day arrives Friday, the 29th. What exactly is next?

Today in color class we picked shapes that we like and didn't like and together they made a number. That associated number read like a horoscope. I faked my way through it. Later when I was honest, it read that I was living in a fantasy and preferred to keep it that way as opposed to facing the facts of the day. Scary, Larry.

No comments: