Monday, July 10

Whoa! Inner Space Cavern Tours!

In 1963 as the Texas Department of Transportation was building Interstate 35, they kept losing their drill bits and didn't know why. It turns out they were building atop the cavern that is now called Inner Space. Boy, did it rock. At one point they turned out all the lights and we were in complete and total darkness. Don carried Rosa Jane most of the way, but when I came near her, she clinged to me like never before. My sister's family drove from Richland to spend the weekend with us. From here they head to Sea World SA or bust. Click on the picture to see more....

Inner Space Cavern -- Enter If You DARE!!!

3 comments:

Sgulde said...

Get out of there! That's creepy!

Drew, Amber and Megan said...

Andrew and I went to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky a few years back and were amazed. They turned out the lights and everybody sat there in silence, way cool. So amazing to think of all the wonders this earth has! Like me!

Sgulde said...

Not that I don't find the inner space caverns fascinating...because I do, but... it's been a weeks since your last post and I'm finding myself in Roedner withdrawl.

C'mon... give me something to look at it!