Saturday, October 18

What's Down There?


IMG_0827
Originally uploaded by ..Kristen...
We went for a hike this morning in the woods near our house. It was glorious! The perfect company. The perfect 63 degree weather. The perfect place to be. Before we knew it, we'd hiked too far for the kids to walk back to the car so Don had to run ahead and meet us. While we were waiting, I introduced the kids to a riveting game of Rocks, Paper, Scissors. Is it any surprise now that they are three, they no longer want to use two fingers for scissors? I let them use their three and it was no doubt their favorite thing. I kept pulling out my Rock and crushing them. Sometimes I'd be paper just to shake it up and give them something to cut. They loved it. I loved it. We came home and had the perfect breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. Listening to James Taylor.

For sure, this was a morning to remember. Now, if only she'll take a nap before we head to the pumpkin patch this afternoon....

No comments: