Thursday, May 7

Motherhood round 3


{photo by Lisa Woods.}
Man, I've been thinking loads as of late. Wondering why I can't blog like I used to. I think it's because my perfectly malleable daughter has come into her own. She picks out what to wear and she has very strong opinions about what to do and not do and when to do it. From ages of birth to two, most everything was hunky dory and going my way. Now, I have to be creative and manipulative and it's just plain draining.

Now, I can see that my weaknesses have shaped her almost as much as my strengths. I pray each day that things will be different, that I'll do better and quit taking the easy route. Some things never change though. I'll keep praying and asking God to turn our weaknesses to strengths. That the big lessons will take heart and that at the end of the day she'll know how very much she is loved being just who she is. Motherhood is an amazing journey. Some days we are high as a kite in love and others we're at each others throats to take a nap or clean the house.

She tells me, "I still love you even when I do the wrong thing, Mommy."
I love her all the time. To infinity and beyond. Weaknesses and all. God only knows what I'd be with out you. Thanks and glory to Him for all the miracles in our lives.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

KRo, it's OK if you have weaknesses. I just discovered that my own mother is human (ie has a few weaknesses) and I have to say from the perspective of a recently grown-up kid, it was kinda relieving. Here I had been thinking that to match her amazingness I had to be perfect. Whew! What a relief to know I just have to be a loving human being! Whether she discovers your human-ness now or in 20 years, RJ will love you for it; we all do.

Kathianne said...

What a beautiful blog entry about your love for your daughter. I'm touched.

Kristen said...

Thanks, y'all! You are good friends!

Mommy said...

ShamWow! Really...RJ is a lucky lucky girl to have a mommy that even thinks about these things in life will surely shine through in the end of life!