Tuesday, December 20

Never Mind Santa. Sara is Coming!!

I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Sara comes to Austin tomorrow. I haven't seen my older daughter since July. Normally we'd have gone up to Ann Arbor sometime this fall to see her, but a little wrinkle we refer to as Rosa Jane made that trip impossible this year.

For those of you who haven't had the huge pleasure of knowing her, Sara is a brilliant and beautiful woman about whom I could write all day. She hasn't seen my magnificent wife since the summer. And she has never met her little sister Rosa Jane, but she will tomorrow. I imagine magnetometers around the world will register that event, when these three feminine titans come together for the first time. I know I'll be happier than I've been in a very long time (and just so you know, I've been plenty damn happy for the last few months).

I can't wait to show Sara around our new locale. And if Texas is smart, it will do everything in its power to impress Sara while she's here. Texas could use some Sara for a while...

No comments: