Saturday, December 2

Auntie Robyn is the Coolest!

IMG_6672
Yesterday Robyn and I had a couple of errands with the State. I knew it would be a long day of waiting and patience for the peanut. Towards the end, I tried to reward her good behavior with some play time at the playscape. Although it is no real surprise, I learned she just isn't old enough to be able to appreciate all the fun to be had there. Instead it was a frustrating experience of fall upon fall as she tried desperately to be a big kid.

On the way home, she cried and cried and was just so deliriously tired. I felt guilty for making such an unfun day for her that when we got home I put her in her new car for a little stroll around the driveway. It was ridiculous. I am a foolish mother. Of course she liked it, but she was too tired and it was just enough stimulation to keep her up even longer when what I really should have done was put her to bed to rest. Sometimes taking care of your youngster means being unfun and tears are shed and my heart breaks, but someone has to be brave enough to do what's right.

No comments: