Tuesday, December 5

Survival of the Fittest



There are many skills and traits for which parents like to assume credit. The fact that I've taught Rosa Jane to mimic my behavior is pretty cool -- like the rollers in her hair, for instance. When she started toting around one of my smaller purses I thought I needed to be more careful of my behavior around her, because while some is specifically taught, others are picked up just by observing. Rosa Jane does a lot of things of which I'm very proud.

But every morning the one behavior that blows me away is her natural instinct to survive. She instinctfully walks quickly to the edge of the stairs, then goes down to a crawl to slide on her belly all the way down. In my heart, it gives me great pride knowing she's innately a survivor.

Nevermind the tumble she took from the metal chairs to the concrete floor last week while dining with Robyn and me at Amy's Ice Cream.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Surviving is good. Way to go little girl. By this picture I can tell you could take on the world, you might just roar at them if they try to get in your way. And I have heard rumors of this Amy's ice cream you mention. Is it as good as the rumors say?