Friday, June 3

Bittersweet Graduation

fire up, buttercup

Tonight I herded 75 cats into alphabetical order and it was surprisingly fun, despite not knowing a single one of them -- at least by first and last name. The ceremony itself was incredibly poignant and sweet and I was really impressed by NESOP. Oh holy cow, they can pull off something really nice. It made me a little sad that I won't be able to go through all that, but I know as I've always known that NESOP is not the end all be all. Just because these kids have graduated doesn't make them stellar photographers. It doesn't make them successful. That will be proven later. Andrea Modica spoke and I decided I love her work. Check it out at www.andreamodica.com.


I was disappointed in some of the student digital work. You could just tell it was digitally printed. I don't know if that had more to do with the equipment used, or just the handler at the computer -- like maybe they didn't use the right resolution, etc. Hard to say... but it was pretty clearly stuff that was hard to miss on a 30x30 print. I don't want to print anything that's gonna look shoddy.

My kindred spirit, Marty, and sidekick, Adalaide, gave me good info for the summer classes. I've decided just to take the General Color class two days a week -- Tues. and Fridays. I'm relieved not to be in school 4 days a week. Summer is the best time to be in Boston.

Seacia never ceases to be a crack up. She's sure to point out that of course, she will be around next year so she can take whatever classes she wants. She doesn't have the pressure to take both the digital and color at the same time. Clearly she's not pregnant.

Still despite all the info I now have about both classes, I still wanted to get them out of the way before baby. I wanted someone teach it to me instead of having to teach myself. I need to get over that right away. So that's top of my list.

I feel Baby Rosa Jane move a lot now with more force and I just get so excited. I've decided there's no time to worry about stuff. I think that's always been my life's mantra, it just seems it is ever so important now. What good will it do to worry about stuff that hasn't even happened yet, or what might happen to RJ in the 6th grade. It's just ridiculous. She'll be her own person and I'm just so thrilled that I'll get to spend time with her -- a little bit of Don and me -- but totally different. Or maybe not, we'll just have to see how it all turns out.

Texans all jest to one another about how important it is to be NATIVE. Don has overheard some of these conversations and feels like he's the bad guy. I've tried to tell him it's just a joke, but he's sensitive now. I just have this gut feeling it's all going to work out. I know he's stressed about it and I wish that I could do more for him. But he's such a talented, brilliant man and I know he'll find the perfect job. It just takes time for that match to happen. I'm patient and have faith.

Rosa Jane agrees.

LOVE!




No comments: