Wednesday, June 22

Me and Jack.

fire up, buttercup

Well, well, well, what do you know? I learned something new today and can now start adding pictures to my blog. Thanks to Sally cat for publishing my blog and spurrin' me into action to get on the band wagon. I thought I was anonymous. ;-)

Today Don and I went to the Stone Zoo to see a mess of stinky monkeys, 50 flamingos, one growly leopard and two cougars (Go, Cougs!), two bald eagles, one horned owl and one very prickly porcupine. All in all it was a good hour at the zoo... never mind we spent the most time waiting at the Safari Grill for the most delicious mustard covered hotdog. Oh, and did I forget to mention that we saw two reindeer??? Yeah, that was sweet alright. I wanted to invite them over for dinner to partake in the "light lichen" on our living room walls.

Pregnancy makes me lose my brain. I can spend 30 minutes shopping for just the right thing only to end up picking up the wrong size and style in the last 30 seconds. Of course, the item is non-returnable. Joy of wasted money.

I love starbucks, nevermind what Robyn says.

Rosa Jane feels seriously similar to what it must be like to carry the alien from the movie V. I feel like my entire belly might end up on the floor with her somersaults.

Yesterday, after class and getting a motherload of a photo assignment I've yet to do before Friday, I took the boat home. Ten trailers lined the entire wharf and I wondered to myself if the circus was in town. Just as I was walking past the second trailer on my right, the one and only JACK NICHOLSON walks out with shaggy disarrayed gray hair and wearing a leopard robe like thing with pink satin trim. He's in town working on the new Martin Scorcese film: The Departed. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/

Need I say he looked right at me and we shared a special moment?
Of course we did. That's just how lucky I am.

Color Homework: Dig up and bring to class best color photo ever taken (digital doesn't count). Next write up proposal for final project. Finally take two rolls of film based on write up. Bring developed negs to class to start printing on Friday. Damn, this class moves quickly! I'm thinking of doing more self portraits, since my assignment on that topic didn't turn out too great, I'd really like to master the document of pregnancy. It's all I can think about... that and "excuse me, ma'm, but do you like your stroller?"

Go Bears, beat Bevo.

No comments: