Monday, September 26

"Congratulations on Your New Texan!"

This was written in 22 pt all caps on the back of our birth certificate registration form. We laughed and laughed about how serious Texans are about being Texans, especially natives.

Rosa Jane was born Saturday night at 11:08 tipping the scales at 7 pounds 14 ounces and some 19 inches long. She is the most beautiful and amazing person ever. I haven't had a chance to get her pictures uploaded here, but rest assured, they will come.

We just got home from the hospital and boy, oh boy, is it good to be home. My mom and dear friend, Mickey, are here with us -- escaping Rita's destruction of Liberty (no electricity for at least a week).

Stay tuned for more details to follow...

2 comments:

Nik said...

Wow - I don't read your blog for two days and somebody has a baby!! Congrats - she is so beautiful! It looks like all went well...

Kristen said...

thanks, nicole. all went well indeed. you need to write to me (kristen@faux-toes.com) and give me your email address. me have no way to contact you except by responding to your comments that i'm not even sure you go back to read??