Tuesday, October 4

Anything for a Friend

fire up, buttercup
My friend Robyn writes the following. If any of you can help, please do ...

I need a car.
Can I have your car?
Will you steal your neighbor's car for me?
Grandmother's sedan?
Santa's little helper?

Please help me alleviate the pain of the following cold call conversation:

Nice Lady: "Hi, my name is Robyn and I'm interested in your car for sale."
Suburban Prat*: "Huh."
Nice Lady: "The honda lowrider with mag wheels, is it still for sale?"
Suburban Prat: "Who?"
NL: "How many miles does it have?"
SP: "Maybe."
NL: "Okay...Do you have the title?"
SP: "Hunnie, if you wanna titled used car, you shoulda called somebody who cares....

Alas, any hints about where a reliable used car might be for sale that doesn't smell like Katrina, Rita, or excrement, would be greatly appreciated.

Today's Requirements: decent gas mileage and AC....but I do really like old, boxy volvos. Character is a plus, but it needs to be able to make it to Austin and Ft. Worth quite a bit on behalf of friends, family, and ritas, so i'll sacrifice character for uh, you know, decent tires. $3000 to $3500 sounds reasonable, $5000 is the limit...sunroof and orange flames, notwithstanding.

Thanks!
rh

*"Prat" is the British colloquial term for your local "Prick." (Use only for special folks)

No comments: