Monday, October 3

hankster's latest prank

On Saturday, the Feldott family came to visit us with their 8 month old son, Maddox. We had a great visit with them. While they were here, our dogs were sent to the backyard so as to avoid being a nuisance. All his life, Hank has desperately wanted to catch a squirrel by his toe. Saturday afternoon was as close as he's ever come. He climbed a tree! The squirrel got away, but oh what a story to tell! I'm hoping he'll do it again when we have the camera ready. A dog in a tree. It's something you all should see.

Rosa Jane is getting cuter every single day. It's such a blessing to be with her.

I'm getting a little stir-crazy in this ol' house... but unfortunately my body says, "Rest. Rest, little girl. There'll be plenty of time for shoppin' and showin' Rosa Jane the sights and sounds of Texas."


1 comment:

donr said...

What Kristen fails to describe is the WAY Hankie climbed the tree. He was climbing a tree whose trunk was at a 70 or 80 degree angle. He was clinging for dear life to this trunk as he climbed, paw over paw, ever higher. He was at my shoulder height, hanging on for dear life but desperately wanting to get as high as the squirrel (40 feet up) when either common sense or gravity got the better of him, and he retreated to terra firma. We both imagined Hankie saying to Purdy, in his best James Cagney voice, "I'm breaking out. I'm going over the wall! Are you with me?" I have never in my life seen a dog do what he was doing...