Friday, October 7

Made it

Hey, guess what's new in the Roedner household?

We made it out of the house as a family yesterday afternoon! Precious little Rosa Jane was a little skeptical at first (wailing her brains out as we pulled out of the driveway), but quickly calmed herself with the sound of the road. She's such a terrific baby. We went to Costco and walked around for an hour as we waited for pictures to be printed.

We purchased our first box of 704 Huggies baby wipes. I feel like that might last us until she's 16, but that remains to be determined. We also couldn't resist Cinderella on DVD. No, little Rosa Jane will not be spoiled by us. Only the necessities, please.

I was so glad to get out of the house I can't even begin to tell you! Everything looked beautiful and rosy as we passed our favorite BBQ spot, catfish joint and the countless rolling hills.

When we got back, RJ and I totally crashed. We slept right through our newcomer to the neighborhood orientation meeting. Guess we'll have to wait for the December meeting now.

In other news, it's downright chilly here! We got our first cold front and the temps dropped 39 degrees. It's 53 and we've gotta bundled up our little hunk o' love as we head out to the pediatrician's office for her 14 day check-up. My how time flies!

I would tell you how well RJ sleeps through the night and how she's already on a pretty predictable schedule, but I fear the pattern will be jinxed, so I cannot breathe a word of it. Let's just say we have an angel among us. And I love her.

No comments: