Friday, October 13

the sweetest girl in the room

This week was a big one for me and the peanut. On Monday we went to our first MOPS meeting. I loved being with the other moms and getting my craft fix with magnet halloween bats. Rosa Jane didn't even seem to notice when I left, but I knew we were bordering on cranky hour if she didn't get her nap. A few minutes later she did what I thought she'd never do... she napped even while there was chaos all around her with the other babies playing. When I went back to pick her up, I didn't see her at first and that was a very weird feeling. She was the one bouncing up and down in the playpen by herself. She was excited to see me and kept leaning in to give me kisses and to receive them for herself.

Today we went to our first kindermusik experience. The kind moms of Oak Hill welcomed us, but it was Rosa Jane who stole the show... walking and dancing and kissing all the other babies goodbye on her own accord. Each kiss held the sound effect "mmmmwah!" and they ate it up.

It's really wonderful to be able to see your baby interact positively with other babies and adults. Rosa Jane is very social and easy going. It's no wonder we all love her so much.

1 comment:

Sgulde said...

Oh I can't wait to get one of those kisses. ;) I think she and Francis are going to be the best of friends.