Wednesday, January 24

Happy 16 months, Little Boot Scooter Pie!

IMG_0186

Welp, we did it. We really did it. We survived the first sixteen months of life with the peanut. I must say it hasn't been all that hard, really, when you weigh all the juicy good stuff we receive from this little bundle.

We recently added a big girl bed to RJ's room. Not because she'll be using it all alone anytime soon, it's more for us... and those early wake up calls with the rooster when RJ just wants someone with which to snuggle. I've been trying to ignore her cries starting at 5, but she gets more persistent and as soon as one of us goes to check on her and pick her up, she instantly goes back to sleep. And who doesn't love spending time with a sleeping baby so close? I know this isn't good for the long term, but it isn't every morning and no matter how tired I am, I really do treasure those moments being so close with her so small.

Plus the bed has huge sentimental value. It's the bed that I believe Nelson and Rosa purchased for baby Sara. It's the bed that was passed down to baby Kristen until about the sixth grade when I thought I was ready for a daybed. (Daybeds stink for kids -- what a chore they are to make up! Boo! ) Anyway, I'm thrilled that our little Rosa Jane will also be using this bed even if it is missing a wheel and has to be propped up on blocks.

Check out the pictures to see more of her room with this new addition. We're contemplating paint colors for the wall and leaning towards the bright green in pottery barn kids, only a slightly mellower color. This house feels so grown up that I'm less inclined to want to experiment with colors. I want to get it right the first time. Who doesn't?

3 comments:

Fulmer Fam said...

That is so sweet, The Thomas has a big boy bed as well, but we are trying to transition him from our bed :) Who cares about the long term, it is all short term anyway right? Thomas is only a few weeks ahead of your little boot scooter, maybe they can date :P We have green in his room, well we are moving tommorow, but it is still green, we used apple green four, yes there were like five shades to choose from! Ok, enough late night rambling.

Kristen said...

Ok, you can't just say what color without the brand paint used... ;-)
hope your move goes well and i like being friends of friends of friends. ;-) Your Thomas is such a cutie!! RJ would be lucky to date him.

Fulmer Fam said...

It was late, sorry, I think it was Laura Ashley from Lowe's I do believe :)