Friday, August 17

8 insights to what I do behind the scenes

The Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

My eight random facts and/or habits:
1. I love playing games. I'll make up my own games and tell other people the rules. I'll change the rules if I have to in order to KEEP ON WINNING! Some of my favorite games were while living in crowded ol' Charlestown we'd play the double-letter car game like a SAAB was a double A, JEEP a double E, NISSAN a double S,
PASSAT a double S, JETTA a double T, the list goes on and on and when you drive past a million parked cars on the street, it was a great way to keep from getting clausterphobic.

Another great Boston game was called "Dunk It." On every street corner there is a Dunkin Donuts. The game was modelled after BOOZE IT -- you see a billboard or beer can and first one to call Booze it gets a point. Well, it wasn't just the actual DD stores in Boston, but you'd see trash everywhere... old coffee cups or Dunkin Donuts napkins in the gutters. Those counted, too. And I was a hawkeye for finding the goods.

2. I won best overall mascot at USA Mascot Cheer Camp in high school. All the other mascots did flips in their full-blown mascot suits. All I had was a paper bag over my head with holes punched out for the eyes and I went to town!

3. Don and I love words. We love playing with words and pokin' fun at others how they use words. It keeps us laughing when times grow stressful for whatever the reason.

4. I recently tried to give up diet coke. I am back on it with a vengence.

5. I could play frisbee with my favorite dog all day long.

6. I can't tolerate alcohol beverages anymore. One makes me very, very, very sleepy. Night night.

7. I could take pictures all day long day after day after day after day and love every stinkin' minute of it. I love figuring out difficult lighting situations and I really love capturing that perfect expression from Rosa Jane or anyone else for that matter.

8. I love excel spreadsheets. I love that it does the math for you and I feel exhilarated after figuring out just how soon we'll be out of debt forever. Yeah, right... well, at least until that buying urge for either of us becomes too strong to resist any more.

Ok...it is your turn Sally, Don, Katherine, Honey, Nicole, Hilary, Amy H, Cheryl and Laurie.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I also challenge any and all other readers of my blog. So GET BUSY!!

Sgulde said...

That mascot story is one of my very favorite KB stories. Do you have any Tirips photos to post? I'm sure I'm not the only "fire up buttercup" reader who would appreciate seeing some.

Cheryl said...

what a fun game :)