Wednesday, August 29

Taking communication to a whole new level

20070818-IMG_1700.jpg


Last week I asked aloud to anyone that could hear, "Where are my tennis shoes?"

Rosa Jane answered, "n da baffroom."

Really?

Shore enough there they were.

I was blown away.

Over the weekend, Don was playing with the Peanut and writing names for her on a note pad. He started with "Mommy", then RJ would ask for "Daddy", "Hanky" "Pixie", then out of the blue she asked for "outside" and "couch" to be written.

Yesterday she was playing as she usually does. She would whine about something and I'd ask aloud to anyone that could hear, "What's wrong, peanut?"

Rosa Jane answered, "I hurt foot."

She's speaking six word sentences. I'm not lying or just trying to brag. I think she might be a freak. She's not even two yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i think we need video documentation...

or maybe i just like watching peanut videos :)

Kristen said...

this kind of interaction is very hard to capture with the Peanut because as you've seen in previous videos, she gets rather shy and quiet and makes me look stupid.
it's the spontaneity that knocks our socks off. there's not much surprise these days when it comes to the camera and RJ's relationship with it. ;-)

donr said...

I think we need to get RJ on video singing. That will provide proof positive, and entertain the hell out of anyone watching. You haven't lived until you've seen her singing, at high volume, "Mary Had a Little Lamb," "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot," or the ABC song...