Wednesday, January 23

To Catch a Predator

Okay, not really a predator because we're talking about a squirrel, but still I wanted to catch him. He found a nook & cranny in our home within which to call his own. I did not like this, sam I am. With all that scratching, it made me think he was creating a hole and soon we'd have him fall onto our floor. Me no likey squirrels. They're real squirrely after all. And can't be trusted.

Sally will appreciate this -- I called our local version of a Trapper Jack.

He came last week before the real cold spell and we've been sitting with an empty trap on our roof for the past week. Today "trapper jack" took away the trap without catching the varmit, but instead closing up the hole.

I'm trying to figure out if this makes me feel. I expected to catch a squirrel AND have the hole closed.

I wanted that squirrel "to go live on the farm. with wide open spaces." Dead, whatever. I wanted the peace of mind knowing he was gone. I'd happily have eaten him myself with some dumplins. That's a southeast Texas delicacy. Yum, delish!

Instead, the trap is gone and the hole is closed.

What would you do? Should I call Trapper Jack to come back and get me my token squirrel?

1 comment:

Fulmer Fam said...

Ok, so don't go asking for trouble if the squirrel is gone (or appears to be) let it go. Remember our encounter here on the door! Oh and atleast you have a Trapper Jack because in Seattle they have nothing like it we tried to call one because our neighbors had a raccoon living, yes living in their attic and it had babies, ooooh gross, but the worst part was that they would come over and eat my fish from my pond and destroy it and then I was afraid to let my pups out after dark, ok I could go on and on about this, like the muddy claw prints up my house, like it was trying to move in, ooo, I can't go to sleep now, thanks a lot for dredging up memories!