Sunday, March 30

Scary Business


going her fastest ever
Originally uploaded by ..Kristen...
This week has been trying. For several weeks now RJ has had trouble gagging and choking at meals. I couldn't figure out what gives. After a couple of really frightening experiences, I decided to take her to the good doctor.

The doctor pointed out that Rosa Jane's two-year upper molars are coming in. I guess they were hurting her so much that she wasn't chewing as well as she should. That would explain why she kept saying, "I no like it!"

She was following the recipe of swallow-and-choke method of eating. And we all know that ain't no way to breathe. So, I'm chopping up her food into tiny over-protective particles and not taking any chances.

I think I told y'all a friend of mine from high school lost his two year old to a choked-on grape. I know good and well that any attempt of trying to control every situation and every possible outcome will never work and be plain exhausting, but thinking briefly that the good Lord was trying to take my kid... well, I just couldn't hack it and had to do something.

I'm glad we went to the doctor, I don't think I would have come up with the simple, common sense answer of teething on my own.

Why IS that?

I LOVE this kid. Keep breathing and shining, little one. Keep breathing and shining.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Kristen, I love your writing so much. I feel like I'm right there with you...drinking a little DC and talking around that giant piece of granite in your kitchen. Speaking of granite, remember when Trapper Jack wrote me a note and it said in all seriousness, "I'll never take you for granite." Ah, those were the days...

Kristen said...

Sally, I'll never take you for a big piece of rock, either. That was real funny. I think I'll laugh about that for a long time to come. Driving down the street, from the backseat RJ will ask, "what's so funny, mommy?"

"oh, just laughing at what happened to my friend one time... mistaken for a big piece of rock."