Tuesday, August 23

Entering Phase II: Get Yerself to Austin

Mom and I are launching in the general direction of Austin, Tejas today. I feel excited about getting one step closer to what will be our new home. Friends keep asking me how I feel and generally I don't really know what to tell them. I think I'm feeling pretty numb about all the changes. It has been terribly hot outside so I've stayed indoors but I have been feeling Rosa Jane going out for walks every now and then.

I brought some of my "cleaning out all closets" instincts with me to my parents home and found my mom's old -- 1958 old -- counselor in training notebook from camp. Whew-doggies!! And she threw it away. I guess I know where I get my pack-rattiness. Stop blaming me. I found hundreds of old letters from what I thought were cute boys in my fan club. It was fun to re-read them. I couldn't part with some of them. And I saved lots of the notes and letters from my Best Friends Forever: Ellis and Laurie. We were BOY CRAZZZZY!! Laurie and I will be reunited in Austin. She's pretty nearby and has a boy, Sam, turning 2 next week. Ellis just got engaged and has set a date for an August 2006 wedding. I'm so happy for her!

And now look at me, will ya? I miss cutie reindeer donr. Last night he mentioned he's thinking of tackling the 26 hr trip in just two days. What a maniac! But he's been sleeping on the floor and sitting in stupid camp chairs for the past 4.5 days, so I imagine he's feeling pretty krunked up.

Stay tuned...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw...I miss you already K-Ro! NESOP just won't be the same without you. Good luck nesting your home and gettin' all situated. :)

Matt said...

Did you find any letters to/from Alan McCarty?

Glad you made it to Texas. Take care of my wife this weekend.

Kristen said...

Of course i found Alan McCarty letters!! I had to throw them all away. I hope he doesn't read your blog and link over to mine somehow. I know he would be truly crushed to hear.