Wednesday, August 17

Graduates, Turn Ya Tassles!

fire up, buttercup

We completed our 5 week series on childbirth classes last night and they gave us certificates of completion. No fancy ceremonies or anything, but they did send us off with a slide show from images of childbirth and if there was a dry eye in the room, I sure as heck didn't know about it.

It was good just to lie there on the red mat and relax. To concentrate on deep breaths and actually think about Rosa Jane. It's been easy to get caught up in all our things getting packed up in boxes and not being able to keep track of *everything*. This week has been hectic. I can't believe it's already Wednesday and I'm leaving in just two days. Next week will be another rollercoaster. Among the obSTACKles (as George Clooney would say in O Brother) are being away from Don and a sweet homecoming. There has even been a shower planned for the first Sunday I'm back in my hometown. I am looking forward to being with everyone, though I'm sure I'll be a gigantic tearball.

Note to self: don't forget the kleenex.

It's been such a nice support to have there in the background of all these sad feelings of leaving. There is so much I will miss, but especially my friendships and kind souls at New England School of Photography. A very special thanks to kdoggy for the pictures you see below. What a star she is!

I still can't believe my dream of going back to Texas is coming true. When I really stop to think about what all that means, I get giddy with excitement. I know this will be good for all of us.

Rosa Jane can only benefit from being a native Texan.

That's just the way it is.

Maybe we will all get to come back for the signing when the condo deal closes. We can always hope, can't we?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

K-Ro, you are a true rocker. You rock out. I hope everyone in your life appreciates how wonderful of a person you are. If they don't, just send 'em to the K-Dogg. ;-)

Kristen said...

Thanks, KDogg, for everything. I'll see you on the flip side, let me know when you're within Austin City Limits. Love you.