Tuesday, February 21

Baby Hands


I think happiness is having my baby cling tightly to my hands. This past weekend, I went back to work as photographer extraordinaire. My mom babysat for us and I know the evening apart was much harder on me than it was on my 4th week 4 month old. I missed her grabby hands tugging at my fingers and pulling my hand to her mouth and I definitely missed her smile and all the laughing and giggling she does at "B" words like "BOO" and "BRING BACK MY BONNET TO ME". At the same time, it was great to be for hire behind the camera again working for a dear family.

In a couple of days, Rosa Jane will turn 5 months old. The few days before her new month birthday she always starts to do something new and amazing. Today she is holding her head up and leaning forward as if to sit up on her own. She drops her toys only to have us pick them up for her. For Valentine's Day, RJ received an amazing exersaucer that she loves to play in. While trying to put the durn thing together, I thought it was going to be the end of me. My true love gave me a coupon for hours to be spent at the local spa. I truly can't wait indulge in the special treatment.

Rosa Jane is back to her old ways of not sleeping through the night. She wakes at 3ish and never goes back to sleep for any solid amount of time. If anyone has any ideas on how to make nights a happy time again, please post a comment.

2 comments:

katherine petillo said...

what a great picture. you guys are so good at capturing and expressing the joys of babyhood.

Kristen said...

thanks, kat! i love blogging so much. i go to your site often to check in on baby lola rose. i love that she's a baby model!