Wednesday, February 1

What If a Mother's Love Isn't Enough?

IMG_3485
It is such a blessing having Robyn here with us. Yesterday afternoon, after a lovely time of running errands, treats at Trudy's North, and a pit stop at Emma Long City Park including a run-in with a funny bloak named, Chris, I changed Rosa Jane's diaper and was reminded of her birthmarks. She has a smallish bright one on her upper right arm, and then she has a much larger one which is pale brown and covers about half her stomach. Of course Don and I think they are beautiful and we joke there will be no bikinis in her future... but then I was thinking aloud to Robyn "what if the kids tease her and a mother's love isn't enough to make it all better?" She replied, "Man, there's not enough mother's love for middle school. A mother's love is not the issue!" And I know she is right and I get teary. My sweet Rosa Jane will have to live and learn for herself.

I forgot to wash RJ's cozy cocoon yesterday and so I dug up her Miracle Blanket from the depths of her closet. I thought she had outgrown it, so we haven't used it in some 30 days. Do remind me why. The littlest angel slept until 6am and then went back to sleep until almost 8! As cute as the cozy cocoon is in its leopard print, it ain't no miracle blanket. She's never slept as well. And lately it was getting quite worse -- waking at 3 and never soundly going back to sleep.

Meanwhile, Robyn and I are on a Great CFS Tour 2006. CFS = Chicken Fried Steak. We try a new one about every 20 days give or take. Its fried greasiness demands a good two weeks in between tastings. Yesterday we tried Trudy's because of Robyn's brother, Austin. He swears in all his Texan Elite-essness that Trudy's is the best restaurant on the planet. I have to differ. Sure their Mexican Martinis are to write home about and their queso is delish, but the rest of it is just so-so. The steak was too chewy and reminded me of something I could choke on if not careful. The fried crispy shell was extra crunchy and Robyn enjoyed that.

Yesterday I also visited briefly with my dear friend, Sally. And we're so excited that she is planning to visit someday soon. A girl like me is overwhelmingly blessed by wonderful people and so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Let's make plans soon! I drove by your neck of the woods recently. It's beautiful out there in the country. Now I know why you love it so much. Your pups were so cute in the yard. ;-)