Thursday, March 15

Has it really been two years already?

I can't believe it's already 2007. Who remembers when we thought the world was going to end at the stroke of midnight 1999/2000.
(My boss at the time had a stash of flour and other essential items in the software warehouse - just in case)

I can't believe we're already in the middle of March 2007.

I can't believe how much the time change has screwed up my RJ's nap/sleep schedule.

I can't believe how much I desire a break from mommyhood for a day or two for just a few hours once a week.

I can't believe how hard it is for me to plan ahead when it comes to her(in terms of getting a sitter. We've never had one, except for my mother or my brother).

I can't believe I've been blogging for two years. Now would be a good time to figure out the whole backup thing. I sure would hate to lose all these "good times."

What can't you believe?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't believe i'm going to be a full-fledged, employed, insured, tax-paying, utilities-using adult in a matter of months

Kristen said...

pixie, nobody can believe that! but, we're so excited for you! won't you just love paying those taxes, being insured, getting that paycheck in just a matter of months! how's senioritis feel these days?

Unknown said...

fortunately for me, i don't have TIME for senioritis :)...

as for being a growned-up, the paycheck will be nice... until i look at how much it was before taxes & social security were extracted.

by the way, i was just reading the nytimes correspondent at SxSW's column - seems like a ROCKIN' good time.

Amanda said...

When you figure out the whole backup thing let me know!

Thanks for reminding me of that song. And the sweet little mouse who sang it. One time when I was a kid my dad was dealing with a mouse in our house and I was screaming and crying, "No! Daddy, it's Fivel!" It was just a little traumatic.

I can't believe I haven't talked to my husband, who is on a mission trip in Honduras, since Sunday. I can't believe he hasn't found a way to call me!