Tuesday, February 19

All I Ever Really Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

1. I could pay some handyman guy $200 to come to my house to "weatherstrip" my doors, or I could be proactive and close the already weatherstripped doors more tightly.

2. I could hire some boy to come help me train my too-smart-for-his-britches dog and become totally stressed out about not having the time to correct all my dog's bad behaviors in the moment and in effect create a MORE devilish dog, but ask yourself, as a mother of a crazy handful two year old daughter, WHY?

3. I could change up my schedule completely and drive myself over the edge insane with so much structure a girl like me can hardly breathe.

4. since I have foolishly spent money on the aforementioned disasters, bartering is my new way of life. In exchange for photographs, I now have deliciously and miraculously clean carpets -- look no further than Heaven's Best -- all you people out there. They cleaned out nasty cat stains that have been with the house forever (previous owners). I now have a personal decorator and confidant and inspirer. This woman, Alicia Autrey at Decoratorforhire.com has CHANGED my life, y'all! I bartered with my neighbor for her like-new stationary exercise bike and with Ms. Deborah for Kindermusik classes for my musically inclined daughter... and the list goes on and on! I mean Honey came to visit and gave us that Kitchen Aide Mixer we always wanted.

So I've learned some hard lessons since the beginning of 2008. I thank all those sweet people who have helped reassure me, wipe away my tears and encourage me to keep on a keeping on finding balance in my life. Motherhood is like walking on a tightrope. Sweet Donr is my catch net. Thank you, love.

Now, time to get back to "doing the right thing." I'm not so sure blogging counts, but it sure does help me clear my head.

1 comment:

katherine petillo said...

love ya kbr! thanks for all the positive thoughts. we miss seeing you guys, but enjoy the blog and pics!