Sunday, February 3

A Weekend of Heritage in Food and Sparkly Attire


00026 libertyfeb-178
Originally uploaded by ..Kristen...
For Christmas, Honey gave Caren and me promised Lebanese-cooking lessons. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while. It was originally a weekend for just the girls, but the town's library held a benefit ball and so we brought the boys and the kids in tow. The guys stayed with the babes during the day while the women spent the day in Tammy Haddad's home kitchen. We made kibbe nie (raw beef/cracked wheat mixture), fried kibbe balls, stuffed grape leaves and cabbage rolls with hashwee. It was so fun and such an insight to how women bonded over spending three hours in the kitchen. I can't wait to find our local international food market and see just how good my notes were.

We are currently accepting donations for a heavy-duty kitchen aid mixer with the meat grinder attachment. ;-)

Check out the pictures of the cousins. I edited the ones that spoke the most fun. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

1 comment:

Fulmer Fam said...

Ok, so go to ebay, that is where I got my mixer, I feel like such a grown up with it. I received the pasta attachment though.