Thursday, February 21

"I need all my Kids!"

Ever since Thanksgiving, Rosa Jane has been playing with the Little People Nativity scene Honey gave her. She calls all the people and animals "my kids" and often says, "I need all my kids!" To think of putting them away for the season seems like a torturous thing for a mother to do to her kid. Every day, Rosa Jane seems fixated on finding all her "wise mans."

From time to time, some evil mommy who shall remain nameless will come about in a flurry tossing everything this way and that way until all is put away jumbled, but out of sight.

On Sunday, Rosa Jane was looking for baby Jesus and sorting though a green basket twice as big as she is through all her favorite toys that she had forgotten she had. (Imagine that!) As she is sorting she is encircling herself in piles of favorites. I was like "oh, my goodness! that's EXACTLY what I do, when it comes to sorting out closets or my "in basket" or just about anything. Then I get overwhelmed by all my favorites being out in plain view so I quickly toss them back in the closet or basket and push and shove the door closed until next time I am brave enough to open the door. Then next time all my favorites will rain down on my head so I never forget them again. I don't recommend this to any one with a husband or roommate she loves. From the look on Donr's face, I know this to be a trying experience.

This is my great Ah Ha! moment. Let's see if I truly have the power to babystep towards change and actually do something with these so-called favorites.

4 comments:

donr said...

Yeah, thanks a lot Honey. Looking for missing wise mans, or baby Jesus, has become a daily ritual. Last night it was a couple shepherds who were AWOL. And, of course, the whole story around her kids is a ritual too. "Eese are wise mans. They bring presents to baby Jesus. Eese are camool. My can no find baby Jesus." Try acting interested after you've heard THAT ten times in one evening...

Sgulde said...

Amen Donr, I've got the same damn set at my house. Because I'm not as good as a mommy, I did, in fact, put Baby Jesus and all his wise mans back in their box and put 'em in the basement a few weeks ago. Sorry baby Jesus... see ya next year. ;)

Sgulde said...

The crazy thing is... she REALLY does LOVE that thing. More than your average toy. You'd think FP lines that stuff with crack?

Kristen said...

That's next week's headlines: "Fisher Price Reveals Secret Ingredient Which Fascinates Children"

something about lead paint and crack...