Friday, February 1

And the Crowd Goes Wild . . .


00024 RJ2y4msaturday-157
Originally uploaded by ..Kristen...
After a teary goodbye on *my* part to the old school and quiet chants from the peanut of "i want ___ (insert name of old school)," She seemed to want to stay home today and I was dubious of how today and the start of her new school would play out. So on the drive this morning, I asked her, "Do you like to play outside? Yes, she said. Do you like to play with friends? Yes, she said. Do you like to make crafts? Yes, she said. Well, you're in for a treat!, I said, Because today is a great day to do all these things and more!

When we arrived in the parking lot, I said, "Look at all the happy kids skipping into school!" I could feel her own excitement building as she gripped my fingers tighter as we walked right into her classroom. A classroom where friendly mothers greeted me and introduced themselves and their children. RJ headed straight to all the cool toys on the otherside of the room. I ventured closer to her and she gave me a little hug, then she was off playing again.

The teacher's report, "she is a natural." She acted like she'd been there all along. When she saw me, she came running to the door and gave me a big hug. Not like whew! what a relief you're back, but more like "Gee! I love you!! So great to see you! Let's go see Honey now." She fetched her bags and that was that. In the car it was, "I wanna come back here tomorrow."

So the best part of my day? The second hug I got. She's never really done that before. The worst part of my day? Packing for our short trip. Sally sent me some 101 reasons we should plan goals. On my short list: Make packing fun and less stressful.

1 comment:

Fulmer Fam said...

I am so happy that both of you are so happy, but I am confused about the second hug part, but that is nothing new.