Thursday, January 19

Sure, She's CUTE, But What Can Rosa Jane Do??

IMG_9226
Well, I'm glad you asked. In the last few days, Rosa Jane is successfully grabbing and reaching for her toys, Suckin', chompin' and droolin' on Mom's arm or anyone else that will come close enough, and in today's photo session at just a wee 16.5 weeks old, she rolled over on her own! Her smile will quickly brighten any day that you might had thought otherwise was dull. I adore her, but it's been a rough week -- Don was up at the crack of dawn and not home until well after we had all gone to bed. Vignette's Sales Kickoff was a huge success. He's such a bright shiny star and the CEO personally recognized him and all his efforts by saying he "hit it out of the ballpark!" I am so proud of him... but I'm also really glad that the long week is over. We'll celebrate our time together by being apart... he's heading East to go huntin' and I'm heading Southeast to spend a long weekend with my mother and take pictures at Mickey's going away party.

3 comments:

donr said...

I think this is one of the best photographs Kristen has ever taken. I know you all think I'm joking, but I think it's an absolutely amazing shot. Great, hugely appealing composition, great color, just great great great. Thanks, precious wife! You are a freaking genius!

Sgulde said...

Enough about her... let's talk more about you and how smart you are Don!! Congrats on your brilliant Sales kickoff week! We aren't surprised. You are a smarty pants afterall. Now go shoot some ducks or doves or whatever you're planning on hunting! Enjoy. Miss you guys terribly.

donr said...

Thanks Sal. I'm having a ball at Vignette. It's such a different environment, not at all what I'm used to in the New England software industry.

Hunting was fun, if not hugely fruitful. I did get two snow geese and two gadwalls over the course of the three-day hunt. And it was a rrreal nahce boys' weekend, complete with all manner of manly behavior and misbehavior. Honestly, it's not something I've had a lot of experience with, being a metrosexual and all, but I could definitely get used to it.

I just have to also get used to being made fun of for wanting to call my wife all the time...