Friday, January 6

We Laughed Our Heads Off

Last night I made Robyn make her special guacomole and salsa mixture deliciousness and our fellow Baylor friend Sarah joined us for some dirty dishing and dirty rice dinner. We laughed so hard at various stories. Robyn is a great storyteller and Sarah had some great stories, too, from her life as a middle school counselor and a single "fabulousity" (a term it seems Robyn has coined) woman. I love these girls so much and it was wonderful to be able to spend an evening laughing and laughing and laughing some more with them. I have been without girltime for entirely too long. Rosa Jane is just too young to get any of my jokes... although she is starting to laugh when I bounce her up and down repeatedly. I don't have to tell you that that gets real tiring real quick. She's a 15 pound whopper and will celebrate 14 weeks this weekend. I thought she was on target weight-wise until last week when we "met" another mom in Dayton who was basically aghast that RJ weighed so much at so young.

Anyway, it's time to change another dirty diaper... back to the real "this is my life" program.

1 comment:

Sgulde said...

Ha! RJ is tiny wee little thing! Don't you listen to that silly old Dayton mommy. Join the rest of us in the 97% of height and weight. It's fun over here. ;) Miss Francis is a whooping 30+ lbs at 18 months, but who's counting?