Sunday, August 13

What is Fate?

It's early July. The Pixie visits. My cousin calls to invite me to hear the Black Crowes with her. I decline. The next day I realized they were playing as close to our neighborhood as you could get, The Backyard. There's a major story in the news of a drunk driver running over 5 pedestrians waiting to cross HWY71. I hear one is in intensive care, but no names are released.

Fast forward to today. I'm shooting my friend's babies in south Austin. Camille tells me about Jeff Wilson, but the news is so shocking and I can't believe he was one of the ones injured in the July accident. Jeff passed July 10th. Jeff was my fast-talkin', knowitall neighbor at Baylor sophomore year. We briefly reconnected in 2004 when he responded to my classmates.com email -- something about him making one of the best mix tapes I ever had called Super Bubble. He visted Boston to see Phish in concert and that's just before this picture was taken with Camille. I can't believe that crazy cat is gone. Life is way too short.
IMG_2332

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I like that I hadn't seen Camille in like 8 years before this photo was taken... and then another 2 since today... and I'm still wearing the same thing. Doh!!

Sgulde said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend... Geez, life is truly fragile. I so easily forget.