Wednesday, November 30

It must have happened overnight

Rosa Jane has turned into a chunky monkey and though I've been keeping a close eye on her, I can't really figure out when it happened! On Monday we went for her two-month check up and vaccinations. Poor Little Rosa Jane broke out into a fever that afternoon and despite the doctor's warnings of the symptoms to look for, I wasn't prepared for little Rosa Jane's pitiful cries of pain. It was heartbreaking. Thankfully, we were able to control her fever with a little Tylenol and on Tuesday she woke up happy again. Rosa Jane is 22 inches long and 12 lbs 1 ounce in weight which makes her an average baby, but we know she is as unique as the day is long.

Meanwhile, over the weekend, we noticed that Hanky wasn't feeling well and I don't need to tell you I was scared to death that we were going to lose him, too. I took him to the vet on Monday and he checked out okay. He got a shot and a special diet and he's now on the road to recovery. Thank goodness.

Don gets to go to Nashville in a couple of weeks and I'm downright jealous. I don't know what it would be like to fly with Rosa Jane, but I sure would like to visit my Nashvillian friends.

2 comments:

katherine petillo said...

come see us ;) we flew to austin with lola at about 2 months and she did just fine. we gave her a bottle while we took off and landed. i think the noise of the plane lulled her to sleep. we'd love to see you and miss rosa jane. let us know. lola got her 4 month vaccinations yesterday. it's no fun at all. love you guys.

Kristen said...

hey kat! we won't make it this trip b/c he's just going to be there for less than 24 hrs. But they are planning a conference for 2006 there and i'm sure to jump on the bandwagon at that time. i can't wait to see y'all then!