Thursday, November 17

Smilin' Up A Storm!

Little Miss Rosa Jane has found her smile and is on the cusp of cooing. When Don got in late last night he found us playing peek-a-boo together. She was smiling non-stop and Don wondered how he could have missed this big development. I said I think it's the miracle blanket. I love that thing and it is truly working wonders. Last night she slept from 11 until 4:50. It is so delightful to get some rest! The remainder of the day was thrown waaaaay off kilter when we had to be at my doctor's office at 7:30 a.m. It was my post partum visit and everything is going just fine. After the doctor, I followed Don to his new office. It was so fun for us to see where he works. The whole right side wall is a big ol' wipeboard and it was packed full of all kinds of high-tech marcom top secrets. My husband is brilliant and I'm so proud of him. His co-workers ooh'd and aah'd over little Rosa Jane. I really enjoyed watching all the women circle up around her as Don held her. They made as many funny faces as they could in order to catch a glimpse of her smile. The things people do... Afterwards we came home and because our schedule was already shot we didn't get much accomplished except for a long winter's nap.

Today I learned that one of don's co-workers is from Longview TX and knows the people featured in the "Hands on a Hardbody" movie. I love being back in Texas, but sometimes I feel less and less unique because it seems everyone here loves Patty Griffin and everyone here loves Hands on a Hardbody. It just means I'm gonna have to start branchin' out for something new and improved... although it really doesn't get any better than Patty Griffin. Don and I are determined to meet her some how some way and to become best friends with her. That will be the easy part. Getting her to write a song and sing it for our little Rosa Jane might be the challenge. We wouldn't want her to farm it out to the Dixie Chicks now would we?

Ah, dreams. I better git.

No comments: