Tuesday, November 8

LOOKOUT for GERMS!

Yesterday afternoon Rosa Jane and I ventured out to the market to pick up a few things for the week's eating supplies. She was kinda fussy when we first got there so I had to find a private space to feed her. Lucky for us, it was beside the ice cream aisle so Mom could have a good long look at which one would be coming home with us. We decided on the raspberry sorbet AND some real fruit popsicles. Once we were finished, RJ dozed off and we headed for the bananas. An elder woman was there and couldn't help herself but to coo at Rosa Jane and touched RJ's face a lot. Now, I'm wearing Rosa Jane in my sling on my person... so no matter what, I'm trying to get over the issues of having my personal space invaded. Nevermind that she coos so long at Rosa Jane that she wakes up and becomes fussy britches again. Late last night and into the early morning, I'm feeding Rosa Jane and she sounds a little congested like she's having trouble breathing. No, it's not an all out cold, just a little something in there that makes her breathing passage not clear. To date we've never had to use the nasal squeegee thing-a-mabob they gave us at the hospital. So I'm thinking RJ would probably like that thing right about now. I can only wonder who gave this germ to her and how can I be a normal person without walking around with anti-bac squirting it everywhere and especially on those that approach us out of the clear blue sky. Boy, I'd hate to be one of THOSE psycho moms.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sally, even if you are one of those moms, you're still a CRACK UP! Thanks for the laugh and I hope for the sake of all of us that your days ahead are freak-free. love you.