Friday, February 9

Reason #999

IMG_0561
Why I love Craigslist.

Because just yesterday Don and I were talking about how we really wanted to find a way to cozy up our back porch and make it a destination at our house.

Reason #1,000 Because everyone I've ever met via craigslist is so nice... just like Anna and Tom from last night

Reason #1,001 Because we got a helluva good deal on great furniture at a fraction of the cost it would have been retail. And when you have a kid in college, who has money to pay retail?

Reason #1,002 Because not only was it great furniture but the nice man Tom didn't mind making a couple of trips in his own car to help deliver the furniture at no extra cost.

Did I mention I love craigslist?

Now, does anyone know how to rid bamboo of mildew?

5 comments:

Richardsons of HV said...

How fun is your porch!!! It makes me want to relax. Good luck w/the mildew!

Sgulde said...

Ha! Well, a) I love your new furniture b) I love Craigslist too (except I still haven't sold my Volvo) and c) You would think I would know how to care for such lovely rattan (seeing as how I have an ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD of it), but I don't. When you find out...let me know.

Kristen said...

Sal, there's hope: Robyn bought her volvo from craigslist. Maybe it just takes a little time. We also haven't had such great luck selling a wine cabinet. so I think i'll blog about it and see if there are any takers. ;-)

seebug -- get down here and relax. any ol' time!

Kristen said...

Seebug, I have to add... you know how cold it was in Texas last night? I don't know what it was exactly, but upper 40s probably? Well, despite the cold temps, I only wanted to hang out outside any way. THAT'S what a great space it is now with furnishings and how quiet our neighborhood is. I love this life. ;-)

Drew, Amber and Megan said...

so pretty. I use Craigslist to look for houses in Pensacola!