Thursday, February 1

What's Playing on my iPod

Seriously a list of songs I couldn't live without (played on shuffle of course).

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing - Sara Groves
This little light of mine - Elizabeth Williams
Golden Days - The Damnwells
Fill Me Up - Shawn Colvin
Turn my Camera On - Spoon
There's Hope - India.Arie
There Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennan
Darlin' Do Not Fear - Brett Dennan
All I Want Is You - U2
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Lonesome Road - Madeleine Peyroux
Lil Bit - Madeleine Peyroux
Come Thou Fount - Jars of Clay
Smile - Madeleine Peyroux
Girl from Ipanema - (I forget who it's by but it's great!)
If you Want to Sing Out - Cat Stevens
Break Down - Jack Johnson
Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg (inspired by Zdogg and RJ loves it!)
Yeah! - Usher
(It's great to hear RJ sing along with the Yeah, Yeah!even if some of the lyrics are R rated and i'm confident she can't say those words yet and hasn't heard them enough in context to know what they mean!)
Plus:
Garden State soundtrack entirety
What's not to love about every single song except that really, really sad song (of course).

RJ's favorites? Catch the Moon CD by Elizabeth Mitchell and Lisa Loeb
She also favors Car, Car by Elizabeth Mitchell and the It's gonna be alright song from the Land of Nod CD.
This is my all time fav children's cd, too. It's fun yet quiet. Who doesn't love quiet unless it's your all time favorite songs playing loudly!!

So, now it's your turn... what are you listening to?

2 comments:

Sgulde said...

I was listening to John Mayer's latest CD this morning and lovin' it. My Ipod is hopelessly neglected and needs an update. However, things are looking up for that little guy. I just ordered an italk for it cause I want to be just like you.

Cheryl said...

Kristen, I am so glad you listen to Snoop Dogg and Usher. I have got to say, I never ever could have guessed those two.
Me, I'm a little in love with Kenny (Chesney that is, since him and I are like BFFs I rarely use his last name), Michael Buble, Carrie Underwood, the Goo Goo Dolls and of course, ya gotta have a little Dave (Matthews Band, again, another BFF).

Cheers!